Noon Hour Lunch Policy
Student Procedure for Lunch
1) Students eating lunch at school must stay in their designated eating areas in their respective classrooms until 12:30 p.m. After they have finished their lunch, students are required to engage in a quiet activity in designated area until 12:30 p.m. Each classroom’s designated eating area and activities are posted on classroom doors. Food is not to be eaten on the playground. (Students participating in Safety Patrol are entitled to some extra time for eating.)
2) At 12:30 p.m. students line up quietly at classroom doors and walk outside when dismissed by supervisors. During rainy or cold weather, the administration will decide dismissal time after lunch.
3) Students who have permission to stay inside will have their names listed on the chalkboard by the teacher. These students must go to the designated quad (Quad 2) at 12:30 p.m.
4) Students are not to eat their lunches during recess unless allowed to do so by the classroom teacher for special activities.
5) Parents must contact the principal beforehand if they require an exception to the lunch policy for a short period of time.
6) Students who stay for lunch must have a note from their parents if they need to leave the school at any time during the lunch hour – no exceptions. We are responsible for the students’ whereabouts if they stay for lunch.
7) Kindergarten early arrivals should be monitored.
1. First Report: student will receive a warning from Administration
2. Second Report: a letter will be sent to parents summarizing problems
3. Third Report: student will be suspended from eating lunch at school. Students in grades one and two will be suspended from eating lunch at school for a period of two weeks and students in grades three to six for a period of one month. Parents will be contacted by telephone and by letter. If a child has not received a report for the previous six weeks the report is normally treated as a first report.
*Students may be suspended from eating lunch at school without a first and second report.