Ways Parents Can Help
1. Please ensure your child has all necessary supplies for school. Please put names on all supplies, clothing, and footwear. It is not uncommon to see a dozen pairs of identical looking shoes!!
2. Children should be dressed appropriately for the weather at all times. We like to get them outside for a few minutes during each break.
3. For children who ride the buses and stay at school for lunch, we ask that parents help to ensure these privileges are not abused. It is never pleasant to have to discontinue a privilege because of misconduct.
4. Students must have indoor runners (non-marking) for gym activities. Outdoor footwear must be removed at the entrances to keep halls clean and dust free.
5. Students are encouraged to make full use of library books. Parents should encourage children to read to them and also help students take care of all school books. Books that are lost or damaged beyond repair will be charged to parents of the students responsible.
6. Classroom parties are limited to two or three per year. The help and support that parents give to these is greatly appreciated.
7. School doors open at 8:30 a.m. unless buses arrive earlier. Although we try not to let any students wait outside in cold weather, we ask for parents' cooperation by not bringing students to school before 8:30 a.m. especially during cold winter.
8. Please discourage your children from bringing expensive toys or money to school unless requested to do so by the teacher for a specific reason.
9. Parents are asked to phone the school's attendance line (425-2486) when students will be late or absent for any reason.
10. If parents wish to phone teachers, please try to do so outside of class time. You may phone and leave messages with our school secretary at any time.
If your address or telephone number changes during the year please let the school know immediately. These are used in cases of emergencies.
Please ensure you prearrange all details such as lunch plans, after school arrangements, getting home on rainy days, etc. with your child before they come to school in the morning. It can be very unsettling for students not to know what their after school plans are.
We ask that all visitors report to the office at the main entrance upon entering the school. All other doors will be locked at 9:00 AM and 1:00 PM. This is a safety and security measure as it is important for us to know who is in the school at all times.
If you are picking up your child outside of dismissal hours, please report to the office and we will call them down for you.
All visitors are asked to sign the Guest Log in the office.